I have a lot of last minute bookings and find that I don't always have enough time to properly fill them in on what to expect, so I decided it would be a good idea to write a little post on what to expect when you book a session with me!
1. Once you book a session with me, send me your deposit and pick a date, you will get a little welcome packet from me in your email! We will decide exactly what kind of session you'd like to have, if you want it to be a styled session or if you want me to come to your house and capture the day as it unfolds or any number of other options!
2. Clothing ideas. Many people struggle with what to wear to a photo session. Because of that, I have written this post with examples of what you can wear. I will say that I always recommend wearing something you are and will be comfortable in! After seeing my ideas of what you can wear, you are absolutely welcome to send me picture texts of what you are thinking about for your session and I will give you feedback!
3. From there we will be in contact as much as you want leading up to your session! If you have ideas, great - send them my way, run them by me, bounce them off of me and we can come up with something fabulous and unique for your session! Want to know if I think you should style your hair a certain way? Ask me!
4. It's session time!!! I will have already scouted the area we are doing pictures (unless it's in your home, because that would be creepy!) so I will have some great ideas as to where we should shoot. I will arrive early so you don't have to wait on me and we will be ready for a rockin session. Most of my sessions last around an hour, but I am not a stickler on time. If we get enough pictures in 45 minutes, cool, we can be done early - but if it takes a little longer than an hour for me to feel like I've got what I need, I will stick around until I feel we've got what you paid for! I find that having this kind of free flowing session really allows for everyone to get comfortable with me and with the camera!
5. By now we've had a great time hanging out, playing and taking some pictures and our session has come to an end. If we didn't incorporate it into our session I recommend going to grab some ice cream to top off a lovely day!
6. The session is over and I am sure you are already missing me and DYING to know how your pictures turned out! Don't you worry your pretty little mind, I will be posting at least 1 preview on Facebook! My typical turn around time is 2-4 weeks. During wedding season it may take closer to 6 weeks. Have no fear, it's just because I am enhancing each image and making sure it is perfect for you and yours!
7. Once the images are done you will receive an email from me with a link to a private, password protected gallery. This is for you to view your images and decide what you would like to purchase! I offer print packages as well as the option to buy some or all of the digital negatives from your session!
8. After you've decided what images you would like, all you have to do is wait! Most prints that are purchased are received in the mail within less than a week.
9. Hang your pictures and admire your new artwork that's gracing your walls. You are beautiful, your family is fantastic - and now you have great memories to help remind you of that!